KANTHAL A1 WIRE – 100 FT
Kanthal A-1 is a ferritic iron-chromium-aluminium alloy (FeCrAl alloy) rated for use at temperatures up to 1400°C (2550°F). The alloy has high resistivity and great oxidation resistance. It is typically used in furnace applications, such as electrical heating elements in high-temperature furnaces for heat treatment, glass, steel, ceramics, and electronics industries.
- Computerized spooling by weight.
- Clean production environment houses spooling process.
- Proudly Made in the U.S.A. ZERO wire imports policy.
- Perfectly tensioned. Zero elongation, scratches, or other flaws.
- ZERO contaminants. Hands-off feeding eliminates skin salts & oils.
The more wire you have, the greater the resistance. The following factors affect resistance.
Diameter: The thinner the wire (higher gauge number), the higher the resistance per foot. The thicker the wire (lower gauge number), the lower the resistance.
Length: The longer the wire, the higher the overall resistance. The shorter the wire, the lower the overall resistance.
Temperature: The more heat the wire generates, the more resistance it will create.
Current: Determine the current (amperage) you need to heat your wire.